Tuesday, December 23, 2008
Finally Converted to Blogging
Since Courtney has been such a faithful blogger for the last little while, I have finally committed to become a full-fledged blogger. I never thought I would say those words. We'll see if it lasts... By no stretch of the imagination am I a computer savvy person, which has made me apprehensive in the past to become a blogger. However, I find deep peace and satisfaction in writing my story. I've been watching my wife, and others, do some great and wonderful things with blogs, which inspires me to give it a shot. She also helped me realize that you don't have to be a computer genius to maintain a blog, you just have to write what's on your mind and keep people close, even if they are so far. So, here I am, a member of the blogging community. I've decided to become a blogger for a few reasons. First, I have been neglecting my journal a little bit-okay alot! My wife and children are the joy of my life, without whom life would lead to nowhere but selfishness and empty ambition. The least I can do is write my story for them- especially for my children, so they have an idea of what there Daddy was like when they were too little to remember. I hope when (if) they read this blog someday, they feel how much I love them. I pray they can look back with fond memories despite my personal hopes and dreams, and that they would take from my life's experiences and apply them to their own hopes and dreams. Second, there's something about writing things down that strengthens one's desire to follow through with resolutions and commitments, which will eventually result in progressive improvements. Speaking of resolutions and commitments, I recently decided to get back into hard training again. I know, this is like the third time in the last two years that I've done this! I would train for 4 or 6 months, and then life gets tough, and busy, and I let it go. I lie to myself and say that I don't miss racing, and that it takes too much time away from my family. But that's just an excuse. Courtney is a phenomenal support when I'm training. Half the time, she's practically kicking me out the door! The truth is that I haven't gone after my dreams, perhaps because I'd rather settle for the "unknown" instead of facing the chance of failure. So, this blog will also be a running journal that describes my running journey-hopefully to the Olympic Trials. To be quite honest, my confidence level is pretty low right now-but my hope is strong. The Olympic Trials seems so far away-only the best go. So, if anyone reading this sees me start to slip on my training, don't be afraid to send a one liner, or two, of chastisement! I hope that reporting on my blog will strengthen my commitment to train hard and to be the best Dad I can. So, there you have it. Enjoy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment