Courtney left for her brother's wedding on December 29 until January 7. This gave Lucy and I plenty of time to have lots of fun. We went to the Children's Discovery Center, which she loved. While at the center, she was able to run around as much as she wanted, play with an innumerable amount of toys, displays and of course, "friends". For the New Year, Lucy and I had fun with sparkers and then went try to find other fireworks we could watch. Lucy fell asleep while walking in the stroller. Her New Year's Eve was pretty short. While Mom was away, Dad also let her watch many Christmas movies over, and over, and over again. You know you've watched way too many Christmas movies when you're singing, "One foot in front of the other, and soon you are walking cross the flo-o-o-or" and so on (Santa Clause is Coming to Town: The Original Christmas Classics). After only a few days, Lucy and I were able to quote pretty much every single line of every Christmas movie we own. We just didn't want to let the Christmas spirit go, nor did we want to catch "the blues". Well, Lucy and I did do some things that didn't involve T.V. We went on Daddy-daughter stroller runs every day! While my arms didn't like it so much, Lucy loved it! She said some unforgettable one liners like, "Faster Daddy, Faster"; or "He's a boy, I'm a girl" as a man rode his bike past us; and then there's "Castles Daddy, look at the pretty castles!" as we ran through the picturesque roads of University of Hawaii at Manoa. After one of our stroller runs through Ala Moana Beach Park, Lucy and I went to the beach. She had fun burying her legs in the sand and playing in the water. Many good memories were made. I've even decided to make stroller time an on-going tradition. One of my runs each week will be with the kiddos in the stroller so these fond memories will continue. My time with Lucy was lots of fun and peaceful, but is was sure nice to get Mom and Willie back too. Without them, life was just not complete.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



We missed you guys too...kind of ;) Sigh, you know you're getting to many kids when... jk! you have a nice voice honey, nice post. love ya!
ReplyDelete